Cenacolo Michettiano

Piazzale Michetti, Francavilla Al Mare Average tour time: 30 minuti Start navigator

The friary of San Giacomo was built by the Franciscan Friars Minor in about 1430, not far from the centre of Francavilla. It was purchased in the 1850s by painter Francesco Paolo Michetti as his home. The friendship between Michetti and D’Annunzio led to the friary becoming a salon for leading artistic and cultural figures, including Edoardo Scarfoglio, Matilde Serao, Costantino Barbella, and Basilio Cascella.

Related routes