Largo Guglielmo Marconi, 9, 66010, Villamagna (CH)Average tour time: 20 minuti in macchinaStart navigator
The existing building, with steeple, was rebuilt between 1730 and 1750. During this period the unfinished façade was completed, and the Latin cross layout was restored, widening the arms of the transept, and dividing the choir with two vaulted chambers. The aisleless interior is decorated with Baroque stuccoes, marble, and canvases. The paintings have oval frames with swirling Baroque motifs, and show scenes from the Life of Christ and the Old Testament. Other precious canvases include Saint Margaret Fighting the Turks (1746) by Antonio Sardelli, and Saint Michael Archangel with Jesus and the Virgin Mary by Donato Teodoro (1753).